Summer / Spring 2008
Shasta County Air Pollution Board Agrees to investigate Aluminum Contamination Concerns
by Rose Taylor
On April 15th, both Siskiyou and Shasta County residents addressed the Shasta County Air Pollution Control Board, asking them to investigate the high levels of toxic metals (aluminum, barium and strontium) found in 41 lab samples of water, soil and dust taken throughout Shasta County by various residents. Approximately 25 citizens attended with many eloquent and diverse opinions spoken by informed and caring citizens. Much was covered within the 45-minute public comment period. The following is some of what was discussed:
Contrails over Mount Shasta Photo by Don Nobach
1) Lab test results: Dane Wigington, a Shasta County resident presented 41 lab tests results (conducted by a certified Redding laboratory), documenting the fact that all 41 lab tests have come back showing a high degree of contaminant levels of aluminum and barium. According to Mr. Wigington, the most recent samples taken from rainwater several weeks ago, showed 2190 ug/l for aluminum (ppm). He said, “This is 7 times the state’s recognized MCL (Maximum Contaminant Level).” The barium result was 43 ug/1 (ppm), which is almost at the MCL. He said, “I checked with a hydro-geologist about these chemicals and he assured me that unless I lived next to an Alcoa Aluminum factory, there is now way I should have these metals show up in rainwater testing, in any quantity.”
2) Reduction in solar charge capacity: Mr. Wigington testified that he believes the dust collected from his solar panels (which came back full of aluminum and barium), is another indicator, that the contamination is coming from our skies. He said over the last several years he has recorded serious reductions in his solar uptake (20 to 50%) from his solar voltaic panels.
3) Government geo-engineering patents: Citizens presented government patent numbers and scientific papers, as evidence that these geo-engineering spray programs are actually being implemented. A geo-engineering fix using aluminum and barium sun-blocking reflective metal particulates have been written about and seriously debated within the elite circles of science as a way to address our global warming and ozone depletion problems. A recent March 2008 Time Magazine article was sited as evidence that geo-engineering is now being “officially” considered and sanctioned by mainstream media. See: www.huffingtonpost.com/ under Carl Pope.
4) Health effects of geo-engineering on humans, animals and our eco-systems: Many testified that they, their family members and even their pets are suffering from continuous upper respiratory infections (asthma, allergies and sinusitis), which was attributed to heavy amounts of particulate matter coming from our skies. The dramatic rise of autoimmune diseases over the last decade, including different types of cancers was also sited as evidence that something is seriously wrong with our environments. Concerns were also raised of the effects these toxic metals are having upon plants, wildlife and our fragile ecosystems. The serious collapse of the honeybee populations was cited as one example, which may have been impacted by this toxic chemical spray program. See “Air Pollution Impedes Bees’ Ability To Find Flowers”: www.washingtonpost.com
5) Historical evidence of experimental open-air testing upon American and Canadian populations: Congressional Senate Committee hearings of 1975 (Senator Frank Church’s Committee) and of 1994 (The Senate Rockefeller Committee) were sited, disclosing that U.S. military documents confirm in great detail, open-air chemical and bio-warfare tests conducted on American and Canadian populations, without their knowledge or consent. See: Dr. Leonard A. Cole, University of Rutgers professor’s testimony before the United States Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs on May 6, 1994.
I concur with the sentiments made by one Redding area resident, who is a law enforcement investigator, when he told the board, if citizens would just do their due diligence and take a look at the evidence (citing the lab test results, government patents and documentation) it becomes glaringly evident that a clandestine geo-engineering program is occurring in our skies, while we as Americans are being used as guinea pigs, without our consent.
Another important person who is speaking up is doctor Gwen Scott, ND. She is a former CNN reporter who is now a naturopathic doctor who specializes in treating people for toxic heavy metal exposure. She said on the documentary, Aerosol Crimes aka Chemtrails by Clifford Carnicom, that, “In Albuquerque alone, 5 to 6 years ago, 6 to 8% of children were diagnosed asthmatic; today it is 70%. It is devastating, these are our children.” She also speaks about how one of the top respiratory specialists was on the Today Show in 2005, telling Americans how there is a breathing crisis in this country. He said that death from respiratory disease in this country has gone from being ranked number eight to now number 3. Dr. Scott asks, “What could have happened in just five years to create that kind of health crisis?”
The citizens who showed up for the Redding meeting felt they achieved a victory that day that their voices were heard. The board members went on public record (it was a taped event), saying, that there was enough evidence presented to warrant an investigation into this matter.
The idea that we are all in this together, that we all breathe the same air and drink the same water, can be a powerful motivator for people to find the courage to do “the right thing.” That said, it is going to take more of us getting up off our couches and off the fence to stop this unethical, dangerous and highly unconstitutional chemical spraying of our skies.
For more information.